What is Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)?
Paintless dent repair or paintless dent removal is a form of repairing dents on auto-bodies without damaging the original paint of the vehicle and depending on the severity of the dent, PDR can be a same-day service.
It is mostly used to repair small and minor dents and can remove a wide range of damages on steel, aluminum, and high strength steel panels.
PDR requires a very high level of coordination skill between hand and eye and is done without grinding, sanding, or using a body filler and repainting a car, and can be used in areas such as panel dents.
Benefits of Paintless dent repair:
- Maintain original paint
- Retain original parts
- No Carfax history report
- Quick Turnaround time
- Environmentally friendly solution
- Save Money
- No harm to your vehicle (least invasive way of repairing minor dents)
- Approved by all insurance companies
What are the requirements for PDR?
- PDR Tools such as Rods, Hocks, whale tails, flat bars, etc.
- Special PDR light
What are the steps of PDR?
- Damage Assessment: Proper damage assessment must be done based on size, depth, and location of the dent, metal of the vehicle, year, make and model of the vehicle, and accessibility to the dent.
- Choosing the right tools, accessories, and techniques based on the assessment
- Gaining access from the backside of the panel
- Setting-up a professional PDR light board
- Massaging the dent out
Get your Free Estimate at Colorworks for your PDR