There are tons of online blog posts and articles about keeping your vehicle in tip top operating shape. (We’ve written a few ourselves.) Here are a few lesser known facts related to your vehicle.
Did you know?…
- Washing a car at home uses five to 20 times more water than your neighbourhood car wash.
- Texting while driving increases your chances of getting into an accident by a factor of 23
- Almost half all vehicle crashes occur at intersections. Simply taking the time to look left and right will greatly reduce your risk of getting into an accident at an intersection.
- The least amount of rear-end collisions on a highway happen in the centre lane.
- Heated seats are not recommended for “wanna-be dads”. A study in Fertility and Sterility found that when healthy men sat in a temperature-controlled seat for 90 minutes, their scrotal temperature jumped as high as 99 degrees Fahrenheit, four degrees above the optimum temperature for sperm production.
- The safest vehicle colour is white.